"The History of Burlesque" has a mission:- To honour the predecessors and craft of burlesque in a historical setting
- To contribute to the continued de-stigmatization of the art of striptease
- To share Vancouver's award-winning talent with the broader metro area
Precious Productions' ongoing vision:
- To introduce professional burlesque to new audiences and wider demographics
- To set a high standard for high quality work, with the intention of creating sustainable, soul-affirming and financially viable work for performers
- To contribute towards the evolution of professional striptease as a whole into diversity-valuing, non-exploitative business models
The History Of Burlesque is proud to feature professional performers who identify as BIPOC, queer and plus-size.